Life Sciences Translations
Top quality assurance process for premium quality translation
A tremendous amount of time, effort and money goes into developing medical products and devices. Translation may only play a small role in the work involved, but with people’s lives depending on your documents, we understand that there is no room for error.
With Intertranslations, you can be sure that your life sciences documents will be treated with the utmost care and attention. By respecting every detail and delivering accurate translations, we can protect your patients, people and organisation.
For almost 25 years, we have dedicated ourselves to supporting the work you do through quality translations. With a deep understanding of the regulatory requirements in place, we work under strict quality management processes to ensure that your translation meets the highest standards.
Who do we work with?
Our clients come from a variety of different industries, including pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biotechnology, nutraceuticals, cosmeceuticals, public health and more.
Working together with sales and marketing executives, we make sure your products reach the right people in every language.
If you’re from the regulatory affairs department, then we can help keep your organisation protected with accurate translations of contracts, consent forms, product labelling and more.
We also work with production and plant managers, project managers and those involved in clinical operations or research on a regular basis.
Whichever part of the process you are involved with, we can provide you with professional, fast and reliable language services. Committed to quality, our translations leave no room for error or ambiguity.
What are your goals?
We can provide you with the best language solutions to suit your needs.
Do you need to make sure your documents comply with the necessary regulations, or are you looking to access a new market? Perhaps you want to share your research and discuss new discoveries with other experts, or educate the general public about your product or health matters?
We work with specialist translators who are familiar with the local life sciences market of your target language, tailoring your translation to suit your audience. From marketing and education to information and legal requirements, we can find the right language solution for you.
What are the main challenges in medical translation?
When our clients come to us, we hear about all sorts of challenges that people experience with their medical translations. The medical industry is highly regulated, and any failure to comply with international and national regulations, templates, and guidelines can have serious implications.
Many clients are unable to use research data due to poor translations of clinical trial documents in multinational centres. We also find that the use of terminology is often inconsistent across documents.
Marketing new products also comes with its own set of unique challenges. Issues with regulatory authorities can cause delays in time to market and loss of revenue, while final translations of product labels and leaflets are often difficult for target users to understand.
Low quality results like these are costly, taking up your valuable time to correct and edit translations that aren’t up to scratch. We will work with you to ensure that your documents meet the highest standards, helping you navigate the world of medical translation and avoiding any of these common translation pitfalls.
- Highly standardised, rigorous processes in line with ISO 17100:2015 Translation Services standards and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System certification.
- Multiple levels of quality control with a full understanding of strict regulatory laws.
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and associated vocabulary. This understanding allows us to tailor your translations to suit different target users.
- Translation memory software that allows us to draw on previously translated content, making clients an average of 23.4% savings in costs while also ensuring consistency and quality.
- Dedicated project manager to oversee your project and monitor its progress, ensuring timely delivery.
- Integration of specialist machine learning translation software with qualified subject-matter experts, delivering timely and cost-effective translation solutions.
- Large online database of templates, resources, references, medical terminology and guidelines to ensure full compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Continuous training for all professionals participating in the process, from linguists and project managers to desktop publishing artists.
- Strict management policies to ensure quality at every level, from human resources and pre-production, to translation and post-production.
- Security measures in place following ISO 27001:2013 Information Security standards, ensuring all documents and communications between ourselves and our clients is secure.
While the competitive global environment means time to market is more important than ever, the regulations for authorising medical products in new markets are becoming increasingly complex.
At Intertranslations, we work with pharmaceutical companies to ensure their translations comply with international regulations right from the start. With high-quality and accurate translations that meet the strictest deadlines, we can help streamline your product’s journey to its new market. For more information, see Pharmaceutical Translations.
Medical device translations
The new EU Medical Device Regulation controls the production and distribution of medical devices in Europe. By ensuring your documents comply with these regulations right from the start, we can help you access the EU market with solutions that are both cost and time effective. We will make sure all the necessary documents are translated accurately for your target European markets, following regulations and delivering high-quality translations. Click here for Medical Device Translations.
Clinical Research Translations
Cultural adaptation, semantic equivalence and linguistic validation are some of the key principles that guide us when translating clinical research documents. The pharmaceutical sponsors and clinical research organisations we work with understand the importance of these principles in delivering reliable and accurate translations. Find out more at Clinical Research Translations.
What type of documents do we translate?
Here are just some of the different types of documents that we frequently translate. If you want to learn more, contact our team today.
- Product Information—Summary of product characteristics, patient information and labelling
- Package Inserts and Labels
- Investigator Brochures
- Informed Consent Forms
- Clinical Protocols
- Case Report Forms (CRF),
- Patient Recruitment Materials
- Pharmacological Studies
- Product Catalogues
- Installation Manuals
- Training Booklets
- Clinical Trials
- Preclinical and Clinical Evaluation Reports
- Device Labelling
- Product Labels
- Clinical Study Report
- Regulatory Documents
- Manufacturing Process Descriptions
- SOP Procedures
- Master Batch Records
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Marketing Materials
- Corporate Websites and Portals