Security and Confidentiality
Your translation data is safe with us – and we can prove it.
Intertranslations’ policy and practice regarding data and document translation security is unrivaled as we are experienced and certified in storing and managing sensitive information while protecting it from unauthorised use.
Security and Confidentiality
Security ISO 27001:2013: Intertranslations is one of the few companies in the translation and localisation industry to acquire ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification for its Information Security Management System. The ISO 27001:2013 defines the requirements for the safe management and handling of information, data and documents. See the next section for further information.
Secure Portals: Intertranslations uses dedicated Vendor and Customer Portals with encryption technology, and runs on secure servers (ftp), firewall (firewalls), and secure protocols HTTPS (HTTP in SSL). Furthermore, the portals incorporate advanced security policies and utilise anti-phishing and intrusion prevention techniques.
Confidentiality: Confidentiality Agreements with customers and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) with all our employees and translators.
Data destruction and disposal methodologies: Intertranslations has invested in infrastructure, practices and methodologies for the disposal and destruction of sensitive customer information (electronic format or paper media). Rigorous measures are taken to prevent unauthorised access to critical customer data when it is no longer needed.
Software and technological infrastructure that pinpoints exactly who is responsible and accountable for any action or task.
Data loss prevention (DLP) systems in place so no documents/information can be extracted or transferred without authorisation or client approval.
Security & Confidentiality Audit: Intertranslations has been extensively audited with respect to its security and confidentiality systems and practices, throughout its 25 years of presence, by large multinational corporations seeking completely confidential and secure translation services.
ISO 27001:2013 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving a documented Information Security Management System within the context of the organisation’s overall business risks.
ISO 27001:2013 specifies requirements for the implementation of security controls customised to the needs of individual organisations or departments, and covers all types of organisations (e.g. commercial enterprises, government agencies, non-profit organisations etc.). It is designed to ensure the selection of adequate and proportionate security controls that protect information assets and give confidence to interested parties.
ISO 27001:2013 is intended to be suitable for several different types of use, including the following:
- use within organisations to formulate security requirements and objectives
- use within organisations as a way to ensure that security risks are cost effectively managed
- use within organisations to ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- use within an organisation as a framework process for the implementation and management of controls to ensure that the specific security objectives of an organisation are met
- definition of new information security management processes
- identification and clarification of existing information security management processes
- use by the management of organisations to determine the status of information security management activities
- use by the internal and external auditors of organisations to determine the degree of compliance with the policies, directives and standards adopted by an organisation
- use by organisations to provide relevant information about information security policies, directives, standards and procedures to trading partners and other organisations with whom they interact for operational or commercial reasons
- implementation of business-enabling information security
- use by organisations to provide relevant information about information security to customers