Translating a patent might be a delicate task if you want to make sure your property is fully protected. Thankfully, we have the solution.
At Intertranslations, we offer reliable, fast and precise translation services in a variety of different industries such as life sciences, engineering, energy, manufacturing, software and automotive.
As an ISO 17100:2015 and ISO 9001:2015 certified language service partner, we can guarantee the highest industry standard for accuracy and quality.
What are the major challenges in patent translation?
There are two main challenges for patent engineers when translating. The first one is to make sure that the translation is precise and accurate to legally protect an invention or property in the countries or with the offices one wants to register a patent. The second one is to produce the translated documents in due time to the patent offices.
This is exactly what our teams can offer you!
Translation of patent for information
As a client, you might look for a translation of a patent in the case of a dispute or to study the previous state of the technique. In this case, the translation might be more literal, following the original patent in style, content and format.
Translation of patent for registration
In the case of a registration of a patent, there are a few elements to consider that are crucial. The differences in regulations and practice are to be considered to offer the best and most complete translation. The arguments have to be clear, precise and pertinent, just as in the original patent.
- Would you like to make sure that the translation of your patent will be accurate and reliable?
At the start of a new project, we create a term base (glossary) containing the key terminology which is used by the customer to be checked and confirmed in advance. This way we can guarantee high quality deliverables.
We are ISO 9001:2015 certified, a guarantee that we value quality and strive to offer the best of our services. We also employ only native translators and have established a wide network of subject matter experts when specialized knowledge and expertise are required. By doing so, we increase your success chances in the registration process of your patent.
- Are you paying for repetitions and it increases the total cost of your projects?
We use specialized translation management tools; upon receipt and analysis of the files, we count the content that is repeated throughout the text.
Based on our experience, there are many repetitions in Technical documentation, meaning that you can benefit from discounts of over 50% as we only charge for the effort of the linguistic team.
- Are you spending too much time on corrections and editing to get your final translation, right?
We are able to deliver a file ready to be published; the process is according to ISO 17100:2015 standard.
We offer T.E.P. (Translation Editing and Proofreading) by vetted teams of native speakers and subject matter experts.
- Do the source texts contain non-editable images?
Our graphic designers have the required expertise to extract text contained in images, send it to the translators and deliver the image containing the text in the target language.
- Would you like to know how we guarantee the confidentiality of your documents?
We take security very seriously. We are ISO 27001:2013, Cyber Essentials Certified and GDPR compliant. All our staff, both internal and freelancers, sign Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs).
- Are you in need of a translation agency that could guarantee the quality and has indemnity insurance?
We cover our services with a 5 million GBP Indemnity insurance, and we are very happy to say that in our 25 years of operation we never had to use it.
- Would you like to know how we are charging?
We quote per project, on a per word basis excluding the cost of repetitions.
We work with specialized translation management tools.
We analyze the files received and find any text that is repeated throughout the files; you will only be charged once for the translation of the repeated text.
We create translation memories of the translations we perform for you and a glossary with your key terms; whenever you send new files for translation, we cross check the content against your translation memories and we only charge the translation of the new content.
- Do you have very tight deadlines?
We can meet your deadlines by creating teams of professionals who will be dedicated to working on your project.
You can be sure that your patent will be translated by a native speaker who is a professional of your industry and knows of its habits and customs.
- We can translate any type of documents, whether it is the patent in its entirety, the patent specification, the annexes, the different reports or even the patent licensing contracts.
- Our specialists are available to guide you step-by-step through our process.
- We can offer you certified translations.
- We guarantee confidentiality.
- We offer you very competitive rates.
- You can be sure that the translation of your patent will be accurate and guarantee you legal protection just as the original does.