How to Apply for a Visa and Visit the UK?

Get a proposal

Discuss your project with a specialist

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
Click or drag files to this area to upload. You can upload up to 20 files.
Supported file types: .pdf, .docx, .doc, .xlsx, .xls, .pptx, .ppt, .zip, .rar and images. The maximum allowed size of each file is 20MB.

You can upload 20 files in total.
London | Athens | Paris | Delaware, USA

Whether it is to study, work or simply for a vacation, the United Kingdom welcomes visitors from all over the world every year. Depending on your nationality, purpose, length of visit and qualifications, this might mean that you need a visa in order to enter the country.

For example, when visiting for a two-week vacation, you may need a Standard Visitor visa which lasts for up to six months. If you visit the UK to study, then you will need a student visa or if you come for work then you will need a Work visa. You can also apply for a family permit under the EU Settlement Scheme, which allows you to travel with family members to the UK or to join them there.

In all of these cases, visitors who need to apply for a visa must supply numerous documents to prove both their identity and eligibility. If any of those documents are not in English, you will also need to provide UK certified translations produced by professional translators.

A certified translation is signed and dated by a professional translator with an official UK institute for linguists. They accept full responsibility for the translation, attesting to its accuracy and that it is a true copy of the original. This renders the translation as ‘official’ and allows it to be used in formal situations, like when you apply for a visa.

How to certify a translation

Requirements for official translations vary depending on each country’s legal system. If you need a certified translation from any language into British English, ask your translation company to confirm the following information in writing: 

  1. That it is a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’
  2. Date of the translation
  3. Full name of the translator, or a representative of the translation company
  4. His/ Her position
  5. Signature and stamp of the translation company 
  6. Address
  7. Telephone number

This information should be written on the translation itself, along with stamping or initialling each individual page. By working with professional translators, you can make sure your translations have all the necessary information. This will streamline your visa application, so you can start living in the UK sooner.

How to certify a document

When you apply for a visa, you might also need to provide copies of your original documents. If so, those will need to be certified. This process verifies that the documentation supplied is an accurate and up-to-date copy of the original.

To certify a copy, create a photocopy or take a high-resolution photo of the document. Then give both the copy and the original to someone with authority, such as a professional or someone of good standing. They can then certify that the copy is true by writing the following:

  1. ‘Certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me’
  2. Date
  3. Full name
  4. Signature
  5. Job title
  6. Address
  7. Phone number

The person you ask to certify your copied documents should not be your relative, a cohabitant or in a relationship with you.

If you are looking to apply for a visa and visit the UK, our team of professional translators are ready to help. From work, visitor and student visas to British citizenship applications, we can translate and certify all official documents for both organisations and private individuals. By working with accredited translators registered with official UK institutes for linguists, we will support you in your application with accurate and true translations.

Get a proposal
Scroll to Top