Here at Intertranslations S.A., we are proud to announce that our recent translator training program was a huge success! Devoted to our goal to deliver high-quality translations to our clients, we decided to offer our in-house and freelance translators the opportunity to complete our training course, ”Best practices for professional translation based on the quality standards of Intertranslations”.
For months, we worked hard on preparing a targeted and comprehensive course for our translators. Our objective was to help them gain a deeper understanding of the quality standards we uphold at Intertranslations and how to leverage machine translation through efficient post-editing. For this purpose, various translation practices and methodologies were analysed in detail using particularly demanding texts of different types.
The training focused mainly on:
- the quality standards and specifications of Intertranslations, and our company’s quality control procedure;
- rules of professional conduct and streamlined communication throughout a translator’s collaboration with Intertranslations;
- best translation practices and techniques, terminology research and management, and assessment of resource reliability;
- language conventions (grammar, syntax, punctuation, style) and common mistakes and challenges when translating into English and Greek;
- law, finance and marketing-related texts;
- machine translation post-editing (MTPE).
Our translators are one of our greatest assets. That’s why Intertranslations values lifelong learning. However, we don’t just encourage our translators to seek out additional training opportunities and engage in continuous professional development; we are actively committed to providing our translators with all the necessary tools and knowledge they need to excel in their work. In this context, we offer training and support throughout our collaboration, ensuring that our linguists are always up to date with the latest industry trends and practices.
This training program was only part of our continuous effort to enhance the skills of our translators. Translation is a complex and dynamic process, and we believe that ongoing training and support are essential to the success of our business. We do everything in our power to help our translators stay ahead of the curve so that we can continue delivering high-quality translations tailored to the unique needs of our clients. Our recent training has strengthened our team and it is only one of many to follow. So, stay tuned!